Sunday, September 13, 2009

Another Ordinary Morning at Sheetz

It was just another average, cold morning at Sheetz when a classmate of mine and I pulled into the gas station. The first thing that caught my eye was the red and yellow paint. If I saw that from far away, I would think that it was Sheetz. My first impression of the place was that it was just like any other gas station in the morning. Everyone was going in and out either for gas, coffee or something to eat.

When I got out from the car, the first thing I felt was the cold breeze. The sun was hiding above the grey and cloudy sky and the wind blew hard enough to make my hair fly everywhere, especially in my face. The wind also sent goose bumps down my arms and made me shiver a bit. After complaining to my classmate about how cold I was, I noticed that it also smelled like gasoline outside. That didn’t come as a surprise to me because it is, of course, a gas station. The only thing different about Sheetz was that the smell of gas was combined with the smell of their coffee. It wasn’t a wonderful smell because gas itself stinks. I got tired of the smell so my classmate and I went inside.

Right when we entered we were greeted by the friendly employees who worked there. This made me feel welcomed and it woke me up a little. As I looked around I saw that the place was colorful and bright which made it hard for me to be tired. As the employees were doing their job I could hear the sound of the cash registers. The employees were just like any other employees at any store.

The inside of Sheetz was very organized. I was very surprised because as busy as the place was, it didn’t look messy. Everything had its own place or section in the store. The chips were on a rack, the coffee was in its own section near the entrance, and the drinks were in the freezers. The tiles were black, grey, and white but I wouldn’t walk in barefooted because they were filthy. I was guessing that the place was too busy to have time to clean it. Overall, the place looked like a typical convenient store.

The customers who were going inside the store were random people who were heading to work or school. Many of these customers were of all ages that were all stopping by to get breakfast or coffee. I also saw a couple of police officers go in and out for coffee and a donut. This seemed like a morning routine for some people.

This gas station wasn’t any different from any other gas stations I have been to. Nothing out of the ordinary happened, the people and the place were things that you would expect to see. Everyone was there for the same reasons, to get their morning necessities including gas. I’ve been to many other Sheetz and they all look the same to me. No matter the weather, people will always get coffee in the morning. They will also be hungry for some breakfast, which brings them to Sheetz. Everyone would always need gas in the morning to make it to work. If I were to go to another gas station, I would probably see the same thing.

6 comments:

  1. I liked it. I could really feel the wind and the gray sky you described. What I would say is to describe what the inside of the gas station looked like and maybe the uniforms of the employees. Maybe more detail about the vehicles that were at the station. Overall, it was good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definetly what I see at sheetz every morning. Very good elaboration of what happened, it made me feel like I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your observation was good, i liked how you started observing as soon as we got out my car. i also liked how at the end you expressed how you really felt about the place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the narration from the beginning, and good description of the place. The overall "feel" is ordinary like your title says. Nice talking about the wind and weather. =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete